Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Presley Swan Thank You

Thank You

On July 29th I was crowned the 2011 Lucas County Fair Queen.  I felt completely honored to be chosen to represent such a wonderful county.  On August 9th I headed to the Iowa State Fair Queen Competition more nervous then ever.  Soon enough, I made friends and started what soon became the time of my life.  Some activities I did were:  Learning to model and walk the catwalk, Martial Arts, Zumba, proper etiquette, visited the Iowa Hall of Pride, Historical Museum and the Farmers Market.  Going to win the crown was my intent, but after meeting the other girls I realized how difficult it was going to be.  The experience was literally once in a life time.  I wanted to go there, have fun, and meet all the queens and that's what I did.

I would like to thank the Lucas County Fair Association for giving me the opportunity to compete in the Iowa State Fair Queen Competition.  Your support was amazing to have and I feel completely honored to represent your fair.  Secondly, I'd like to thank my community for all the support while I was at the competition.  Talking and taking pictures with all of you at the State Fair was great!

The Iowa State Fair Queen Competition was the best experience of my life and I will never forget the time I spent up there.  Parents, keep your kids involved in FFA and 4-H.  The leadership and speaking skills they will develop through those organizations will take them far in life.  The friendships they will also make by getting involved will last forever.  Also, girls run for your county fair queen.  The opportunities you will face will change your life.  

Thank you all for your support.  Especially the Lucas County Fair Association for giving me the opportunity.  I feel honored to represent our county for the next year as the 2011 Lucas County Fair Queen.
                      Presley Swan

No comments: